Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Did the Lord ever tell His people that He would not give them revelations?

There is no explicit statement that the Lord would not lead His people by revelation. There is, in reality, a statement to the contrary, to the effect that the people would depart from the Lord, not the Lord from them.

Thus saith the Lord,
where is the bill of your mother's divorcement,
whom I have put away?
or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you?
Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves,
and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
(Isaiah 50: 1)

The Lord commanded His people to gather today in order to publish something very specific, and that publishing would be the basis of a great work.

And for this purpose I have commanded you to organize yourselves,
even to print my words,
the fulness of my scriptures,
the revelations which I have given unto you,
and which I shall, hereafter, from time to time give unto you—
For the purpose of building up my church and the kingdom on the earth,
and to prepare my people for the time when I shall dwell with them,
which is nigh at hand.
(Doctrine & Covenants 104: 58-59; April 24, 1834)

This led me to understand an Old Testament verse in a new way, with a new dimension.

Unto the woman he said,
I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception;
in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children;
and thy desire shall be to thy Husband,
and He shall rule over thee.
(Genesis 3: 16)

I feel like I'm getting this message! Everyday, in steps, the picture is coming into greater focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment